Sunday, February 1, 2009

I may be the only one ..

.. but I'm ready for heavy metal to make a comeback.  Some could argue that it already happened and it happened in 2008.  The releases of Chinese Democracy (I have not listened to this album yet, I'm not sure that I can.  Am I the only one who thinks the whole idea, background, and years it took to get out just make it sad?  I am not the one to usually feel bad for rock stars, let alone someone as troubled as Axl Rose, but damn do I feel sad for him in all regards to Chinese Democracy..), Black Ice, and Death Magnetic made it quite a metal heavy year.  Maybe I'm crazy, and maybe I've been watching too much VH1 Classic (who let's be honest is really trying to make metal happen again), but I really want this genre to take over the world again.  I want tight leather pants wearing, crazy haired, Budweiser and Jack Daniels soaked people making rocking records again.  Screw these eyeliner smudging, fancy dressing, pointy toed shoes wearing men out there trying to make rock n roll.  I can't take it.  The amount of fake in the music business right now is out of control, and if one more "saving it for marriage", squeaky clean Disney star takes over the charts I may just give up on it all.  

No comments: