Sunday, January 25, 2009

Change.

When I started this blog my initial posts talked about bands like Death Cab for Cutie, Saves the Day, and Say Anything.  For some reason, over the past two months my musical taste has changed drastically.  It is not uncommon for me to go through phases of artists, albums, or songs in which it is the only thing I can listen to, but those phases usually take place in one genre.  Recently, my entire genre choice has changed.  I've converted to classic rock n roll.  I can not tell you that last time that I listened to an artist confined to the "alternative" category.  My iPod playlists have consisted of every song off of Appetite for Destruction, "Thunder Road", John Mellencamp, "Pinball Wizard" and "Squeezebox", and finally, Led Zeppelin.  I find myself googling Van Halen (never with Hagar), AC/DC, and Judas Priest.  I spend less and less time on one of my favorite music blogs (Absolutepunk.net), and hardly ever visit OhMyRockness.com anymore.  I'm nostalgic for a time I never experienced. It's quite refreshing.  Which is exactly what I think the world needs right now.  Something needs to change. There hasn't been any break-out artists in ages.  Can't anyone produce original music anymore? Are we bound to electronic beats and auto-tune for the rest of our lives? Can we please stop the ear-splitting digital mastering of albums, like Death Magnetic?  Can someone please step up and shatter the world with real music and real passion?  Can someone please do something about this?  Aren't we due for a musical awakening? 

No comments: