Friday, January 2, 2009

VH1's 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Hour 2

So I've come to the realization that this list was a result of fan's votes of their favorite hard rock songs.  So I guess the only people I have to blame are those who voted based solely on singles.  Because let's be honest, some of these songs should be lower / higher than what they actually are.  But, props to VH1 for going by the fans and not people who think they know things just because they're in the music business.  So here's my random thoughts on hour 2:

-Bad Company's "Feel Like Making Love" should have been higher.  But I get it, there is no easy way to narrow it down to 100 songs. Fine.

-Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun"  is overrated.  Sorry.  Never really got into the early '90s grunge-ish bands of that day.  Sue me.  Also, more people talked about the video than the actual song.  That's never good.

-Lita Ford bothers me.  Don't know why. Or maybe I do.  I don't think its catchy enough.  Something is missing.  It's like drinking diet coke because the waiter brought you the wrong drink but you don't feel like explaining you wanted regular.  So then you just drink it til its gone, hope they dont bring you another and then ask for something you think he can't screw up, like water.

-I wish I could sing like Pat Benatar.

-Whie Zombie? Really?  Perfect example of how some songs should be lower (ahem) and others should be higher.  Add ZZ Top to the misplaced list.

-I can never take "The Final Countdown" seriously.  Or Europe.  Blame Will Arnett.

-Henry Rollins has a sense of humor?

-"Eye of the Tiger"?  ugh. Thank the Lord all those Rocky fanatics didn't vote it higher.  However, you are the "Bud Light Real Men of Genius" singer so that makes you OK in my book.

-I also salute you, Ratt, because I too, like Sebastian Bach, very much enjoy Round and Round.


Until the next hour..

No comments: