Sunday, December 21, 2008

An Open Letter to Axl Rose, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler, and Slash;

I'm not asking for much here.  Well, from you 5 I probably am, but I'm just going to throw this out there: REUNITE.  FOR A TOUR. Please?  Do you realize what you can accomplish with ONE U.S. tour?  Do you?  Have you all forgotten what its like to play "Welcome to the Jungle" or "Sweet Child O' Mine" in front of tens of thousands of your diehard fans?  Maybe you have, but I'm sure us fans haven't. (Note: I've never seen you play live, but I'm not giving up hope that one day I will.)  Seriously now, do you realize how much money you could make doing that kind of tour?  I know, you all have said repeatedly that it has nothing to do with money.  But let's be honest here, of course it has something to do with money because that's what you're fighting in court over right now.  Not directly, no, but fighting over the rights to "Guns N' Roses" is all about the money you'll make under that name.  An album 15 years in the making by any other artist would not sell, period.  (Chinese Democracy is underselling but hey, its selling. You never should have entered into an exclusive with Best Buy Mr. Rose, and a little bit of non internet message board promotion couldn't have hurt.)  Back to my point though: All that money you're wasting on court fees and lawyers fighting over the rights to the name would pale in comparison to the money the 5 of you would walk away with after a tour.  We all know some of you don't get along anymore (Axl-Slash I'm looking at you), but couldn't you manage a 1 and a half hour set for a month or two for say, I don't know, a cool ten million each?  I'm not asking for an album, I'm not asking for everyone to spend Thanksgiving together next year like one big family, and I'm not asking for the debauchery present in your early shows.  All I'm asking for is some "Paradise City" live- sung by Axl, and backed by Izzy, Duff, Steven, and Slash.  Consider it.  I've already said I'd give up my firstborn, and an arm and/or leg, just to see you guys together, so you know, all those are up for grabs.  Think about it.  I'm willing to negotiate.

Sincerely,
D.M.C.
(Not 1/2 of Run DMC but I don't think Daryl McDaniels would object to a GNR reunion.)

No comments: